Looking for something delicious for Friday night dinner? You have come to the right place! The apricot glazed chicken is something delicious, nutritious and kid friendly. I chose to couple the chicken with caramelized Brussels sprouts with button mushrooms and added a side of sundried tomato lemon orzo.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2c. chicken broth
For the glaze
1/2 c.Apricot preserves
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. rosemary, finely chopped
1. Mix all ingredients for glaze in a bowl, set aside
2. Preheat 10″ skillet on stovetop
3. Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. season both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
5. Add just enough oil to the skillet to cover the bottom. Add chicken breast one at a time making sure the meat makes full contact with cooking surface.
6. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken breast, repeat.
7. Remove chicken to a plate, drain any leftover oil from the pan.
8. Deglaze pan with chicken broth and add chicken back to pan.
9. Glaze each chicken breast with 1-2T of glaze. Cover pan and let simmer for 4-6 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
The broth should reduce down and mix with glaze coming off chicken to make a nice pan sauce. If needed, add extra glaze to the chicken.