There’s nothing like a chilly Sunday morning to make you want to curl up in your fuzziest socks and sip on a mug of something warm. Apples are in season, which means they’re at their very best right now, so we thought we’d share our favorite kosher apple cider recipe!
The key to creating the tastiest apple cider is all in the ingredients! There’s so much more to it than tossing in a couple of cinnamon sticks and waiting for the cider to simmer. We’ll list our favorite ingredients below, but feel free to add more or change it up to suit your tastes.
What you’ll need:
- As many cups of kosher apple juice as you want cups of cider, we like to start with 6.
- 1/8 cup of white sugar
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- The zest from an orange (about 4 strips, and you just need them to be big enough to strain out at the end, so don’t worry if they’re not long and perfect)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus one for each cup of cider you’re making, to garnish)
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan; choose the size pan that works for the amount of cider you’re making!
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes
- Skim off any film that accrues at the top, then strain the mixture
- Serve with a stick of cinnamon as a stirrer!