How can I help?
With all of Camp’s moving parts, there’s bound to be a way CYJ can benefit from your talents and passion. Consider what you’d like to see for Camp, what you would’ve loved as a camper or staff member. You never know… you could have the next big idea for CYJ’s newest improvements!
Have you considered joining our Board of Directors?
Like any voluntary organization, CYJ-Texas depends on a committed Board of Directors to serve as partners with our dedicated professional staff. A high-quality Board means greater success in all of Camp’s pursuits, so come share your talents and make Camp better for everyone!
Our Board members are asked to:
- Understand and define the mission, purpose, and goals of CYJ‐Texas.
- Engage in planning and policy‐setting to ensure that Camp’s mission and goals are realized.
- Attend semiannual Board meetings, usually held at Camp.
- Act as an ambassador in your community, championing the value of Jewish camps and elevating the name of CYJ-Texas.
- Attend CYJ‐Texas rallies, parlor meetings, and other programs whenever possible and convenient.
- Support the Camp Director and work with the Board to assess his performance.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and assume fiduciary responsibility for CYJ‐Texas.
- Identify like‐minded people, people who care about Israel and the Jewish future, and invite them to support CYJ financially, lend their expertise, or serve on CYJ-Texas’ Board
For inquiries about joining our board, contact our president, Cheryl Drazin.
More Ways to Volunteer Your Time
Here are a few more ideas for giving back that don’t cost you a cent:
- Do you have a skill or practice a profession that could benefit CYJ? If you’re available, consider working as a specialist during the summer, even if only for a short time.
- If you can’t come up yourself, maybe you know someone who can. We’re always open to quality counselors and staff, and you alumni know best who would make a great CYJer. If you think you know someone who would thrive at camp, send them our way!
- That goes double for campers! Let your friends and family know what they’re missing out on and refer them to CYJ!
- Give us some feedback! We’re always looking for ways to improve, so if you have any comments or critiques. be sure to share your thoughts!